Job Opportunity – Product Manager
The Product Manager is responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle for their assigned product lines, including: Gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing, partnering and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Manages all aspects of the product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities:
– Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
– Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes by specifying the MRD/PRD with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
– Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
– Develop product pricing and positioning strategies.
– Drive solution set across development teams through launch.
– Develops the forecast for the product line.
– Provide direction and support for beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples.
– Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed.
– Become a subject matter expert and act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding.
– Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services.
– Responsible for end-of-life product discontinuation with strategies to mitigate revenue loss.
– Other duties as required/assigned.
– MS or PhD in cell biology, or related field or business/marketing degree with MBA and several years practical experience in biotech industry.
– 5+ years product management experience in a life science discipline with capital equipment experience. Industry experience in virology, vaccines, gene therapy, flow cytometry and/or assay development.
– Excellent cross-functional/collaborative skills to work across global sites and multiple departments.
– Strong problem-solving skills and a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
– Public speaking and strong presentation skills are essential elements of the role. The ability to develop and deliver clear and compelling presentations is required.
– Must be fluent in English, with excellent communication skills–both verbal and written. Ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization required.
– Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
– Fluency with MS Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and basic/intermediate experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop).
– Capable of thriving in a dynamic, startup-like environment: Top-notch time management and organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple and changing programs/projects and priorities.
– Must be willing to travel approx. 25 – 30%.