Viruses, most notably Baculovirus, are used to produce complex eukaryotic proteins in an appropriate host cell system. These recombinant proteins have been used in research and as vaccines in both human and veterinary medical treatments. For example, the most widely used vaccine for prevention of H5N1 avian influenza in chickens was produced in a Baculovirus expression vector. The generation and amplification of viruses used for protein expression is dramatically streamlined by the ability to monitor virus particle concentrations in essentially real time using the Virus Counter 3100. To learn more, email us at email@example.com.
White Papers & Case Studies
- Article: "Direct, Real-Time, Antibody-Based Quantification of Baculovirus"
- Biogen Presentation: "Streamlining Baculovirus Workflow with ViroCyt Virus Counter 3100"
- Article: "Optimizing Virus-Based Expression Systems"
- Kempbio Case Study: "Cost Savings of Rapid Baculovirus Quantification"
- Article: "Rapid and Effective Monitoring of Baculovirus Concentrations in Bioprocess Fluid Using the ViroCyt Virus Counter
- White Paper: "Real-Time Baculovirus Quantification with Virus Counter"
“It is enough for me to say that using the Virus Counter was effective in replacing 2 hours of work and 6 days of waiting for results with only 30 minutes to 1 hour to get a conclusive result. The Virus Counter has had and will have a great impact on our work stream, specifically when results are needed right away to start the next step of the experiment.”
—Protein Sciences Corporation